Who are we?
We are Melbec Microbiology.
Melbec Microbiology is committed to complying with data protection legislation, which includes telling you what information we collect and store, how we use it and what your rights are. Please read this notice carefully
Who does this notice cover?
This notice covers:
- Visitors to our websites
- Our clients
- Partners who we work with to deliver our services
- Potential employees
- Our suppliers and other third parties who we may do business with
What personal information we collect and why?
We collect the following information:
- Identity information including name, title, date of birth
- Contact information including your address and email address
- Business information such as business name, business sector, job titles
- Payment details including credit card details or bank account information
- Profile information including purchase history
- Data from named contacts of our business customers
- Copies of emails
We must have a lawful reason for using any personal information we collect. We will use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services to you.
- Managing payments for our products and services.
- Communicating with you to answer your queries on any products and services you have with us.
- Performing business tasks that are part of our legitimate interest of running our business. Where we rely upon this reason, we will carry out an impact assessment to ensure that this does not harm your individual rights.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- If you have given us consent, for marketing purposes. Please note you may opt out of this at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe you should follow the detailed instructions about how to unsubscribe in the communications that are sent to you. If you have any problems unsubscribing, please contact us on the details below.
If we are required by law, we may sometimes be forced to disclose your data without your knowledge or consent. This would only be done in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Our websites and cookies
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to our websites. However, certain non-personal information is recorded by the standard operation of Melbec Microbiology’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
There may be mailing lists, downloads, special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys available on our websites. We may request that you give us contact information such as your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, address to access these. Information submitted at the time of submission will be used by Melbec Microbiology only as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including without limitation the improvement of our products, services and the contents of our sites. Personally identifiable information is never sold or leased to any third parties. With your permission, we may use your contact information to send you information about Melbec Microbiology and our products. You may always optout of receiving future mailings as provided above. Please use the contact details below.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using our sites easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our sites and do not transfer any personal information to any other party. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of our sites may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
The details of the cookies that we use on our websites are available on the websites themselves.
Malware/Spyware/Viruses: Melbec Microbiology does not knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software on our sites.
This privacy notice does not cover the links there may be on our websites to other websites. We are not responsible for how any third-party websites collect or use your data. You should read the privacy notices on any websites that you visit.
How long will we keep personal data?
We will only keep your data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected. Thereafter we will destroy your data securely.
Where do we store data?
Your data may be stored outside the UK. Where data is stored outside the UK, we will ensure that it is stored to the same level of protection as within the UK.
Do we share your data with third parties?
In order to provide our services to you, we may share your data with third parties, such as third-party website platform providers and payment processors.
Where your information is transferred to third parties, we will ensure that they will provide the same level of protection for your data as we will.
We will never sell your data.
What security do we have in place?
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost or accessed in an inappropriate way. However please be aware that data transmitted by the internet is by its nature insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent online.
What are your rights?
By using our websites or buying or products or services you accept the contents of this privacy notice. Your rights include:
- Right to be informed about what data we collect and how we use it
- The right to correct any errors in the data we hold
- To have your data deleted
- To object to your data being used for any particular purpose
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to have your data transferred to a third party
For more information or to exercise your rights please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that data is accurate and up to date, so please tell us if any of your information changes.
Please note that we may update this privacy notice from time to time. This notice was last updated in June 2022. The most recent policy will be available on our websites.
Further information on your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which is the UK’s main regulator. You can contact them using their online form at www.ico.org.uk or calling them on 0303 123 1113.